Friday, June 15, 2012

come close

Life is really funny.
And by funny, I mean awful, wonderful, grace-filled, terrifying, occasionally terrible, beautiful and completely and utterly ridiculous all at the same time.

Ever since I've gotten here we've had the strangest, nicest, most wonderful, beautiful, terrifying and grace-filled things happen to us.

First it was the woman at the post office. She paid for our stamps for our wedding invitations and she'll never, ever in a million years know how grateful I am to her.

Then it was my in-laws, who provided for us in a million different ways. Another example of how things change when you look at people differently.

After that, it was a dear, sweet friend who bought us groceries when he knew we were lacking after some emergency finances had to be pulled to fix my car tire.

Even after that, wonderful things kept happening.

Money sort of appeared out of nowhere.

A woman in the parking lot asked me for help and I sent Mike out to jump her car. While they were discussing her day, they found out they were both teachers.... she gave him her phone number, a reference and asked him if he'd like a job at her school.

We met a new friend buying our wedding bands... not only did she give us a complete deal on our bands, but she called a store closer to home to help me set up an interview so I wouldn't have to commute so far to a second job. She also gave them a wonderful reference for me. I have an interview Monday morning at that very store which has basically told me I have the job.

My obsession for newborn babies led me this evening to being a creepy person and asking if I could hold their baby.... she told me they had 8 kids and needed a babysitter. Needless to say, they'll be calling me soon, because their babies were gorgeous and I gratefully and excitedly told them how much I'd love to help him.

My friends have been calling me left and right, asking and helping adjust our registry, buy shower gifts for us, help us move into our home and wanting to know when they can come visit.


The part that amazes me the most is that this is literally just the beginning of the list of things that have been happening to us since the day we got here. We're counting the days until we get married. We have a beautiful home to move into 15 days from now. We've got a trip to Michigan and a few more adventures along the way. And to top it off, my man got a real job today....with benefits, salary, insurance... those things that you need to live and stuff.



I have a few guesses as to why, but 
I'd like to think, though, that God has taken a special liking to my new heart when I decided to let it all go.

1 comment: