Monday, October 3, 2011

Support

My dear friends,

I'm writing this as a request, and also as a thank you.
I've recently begun this new journey. Many things in my life are changing, some for good, some for other reasons, but each truly for the better. I have explored my faith and a few years ago began to live it out; I have walked on this path with God for a little bit of time, now. Some don't understand, and others tell me what an inspiration I have been. For each of those, I am grateful, too. I feel blessed to have such an ability to share in words every now and then what it means to see my faith in action in different chapters of my life. As recently as this morning, a very big chapter has closed in my life and another has opened. And you've all been able to share in this journey with me...what a blessing.

For that, I thank each and every one of you: even those who have never told me they've read, who have never shared with me their feelings, who have never questioned me. I am ever grateful and blessed to know and call you a friend if you have read, shared, believed, felt inspired or changed an outlook because of what I wrote or shared. I am especially thankful to those who have told me I've been able to minister to them. I am never without an ever-thankful heart to those people.
And I also want to thank those who have questioned me, who told me I was crazy, who didn't believe that I was being true to myself or my God. You're the ones who have pushed me further, motivated me, frustrated me and gave me the ability to see that my own faith in my God will not shake, even when the ground beneath me is trembling.

With that, I'd like to share with you this new and very beautiful chapter: a Bible Study for Alpha Gamma Delta. As most of you know, I owe the majority of my sanity, life and happiness in college to this sorority. So now, to give back just a piece of what it's given me, I've been blessed to be able to start up and lead the first-of-it's-kind Alpha Gam bible study. We had our very first one last Tuesday! It amazes me that these women trust me to minister to them, share my feelings, lead them in their journey of faith for a short while.

With that being said, this is a huge and amazing amount of faith others are putting on my shoulders! I am grateful beyond words, but I need your help.
This organization is being started through Greek InterVarsity, a phenomenal group that helps Greek houses dive deep into their faith and help walk other fraternity men and sorority women through the struggles that many of us face on a very real, very personal, very open foundation.
If you are willing, all I need is ten minutes of your time. Send me your e-mail address, and I will send you a short, bi-weekly (or sometimes weekly) update of how we're doing. How we're growing in our faith, what you can pray for us about, if we can pray for YOU, and how you can pray for me as a leader.
Now, here's the thing: I need you to really pray. Even if it's just when you open and read the e-mail. If it's more than that, if it's two minutes, if it's twenty minutes praying for every single one of us, I simply need you to really pray. (I'm a culprit of having said that I'd pray and forgetting...I'll admit it. But I'm working on that!!)
That's it. That's all I need!

And in turn, I will pray for every single one of you!

Thanks for reading- even if you don't respond. I'm praying for you, too. <3

4 comments:

  1. Although I know you have my e-mail - ill post it here too lol. Bade1mr@gmail.com

    Im proud of you <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jcornwall16@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you :)

    bredmond1219@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. You can always pray for you family - near and far. You have several long distance cousins that could use a pray or two.

    ReplyDelete